Rhinelander Three-day Getaway for the Northwoods Gumshoe
A sample itinerary for travelers who want to immerse themselves in the history and culture of the Rhinelander Area
- Open the door of your cabin at the resort on the shores of a shimmering lake. Our lodging options are top of the line.
- Head out to visit some of the local shops in Downtown Rhinelander and see the flare our small town has to offer.
- Get the classic supper club experience, including prime rib and an old-fashioned. The choices to tempt your palette are plentiful.
- End your evening with a journey through the night skies at Kovac Planetarium, the world’s largest mechanical globe planetarium, located just a few minutes outside of town.
- Enjoy the gorgeous view of the lake as you enjoy breakfast at a restaurant nestled along its banks. There are many dining options.
- Spend a few hours exploring the Pioneer Park Historical Complex, including an 1870s lumberjack camp .and six other historic museums. You’ll learn all about our local legend and mythical forest creature the Hodag.
- Learn about Rhinelander’s past with a visit the Rhinelander Historical Society Museum, located in an old Victorian Home in Downtown Rhinelander.
- Take in the sights of the Wisconsin River as you relax with a cruise aboard the Wilderness Queen. From your seat on the upper deck you can take in the natural beauty that surrounds you.
- Spend the afternoon enjoying the history of Rhinelander and go on our historic walking tour through downtown, which includes the historic Oneida County Courthouse.
- Discover forest flora and fauna at the Ced A. Vig Outdoor Classroom (CAVOC), nestled among the Northwoods forest and full of activities and trails.
- Indulge in a dinner of wild game at your table overlooking the lake at your resort. Imagine the history behind the classic resort and the stories of the vacationers who visited in the past. See area dining options.
- Cap off your evening with a local presentation of a national Broadway show or speaker at the “Nicolet Live” arts and speaker series at Nicolet College.
- Sample the fare at a Rhinelander Area breakfast spot known for their delectable pancakes. Find breakfast spots.
- Browse the Hodag Farmer’s Market in Pioneer Park or Downtown Farm and Flea Market to find the perfect piece of Rhinelander to take home with you.
- Pack up your souvenirs and head home, already planning your return visit.