Rhinelander Three-day Getaway for the Northwoods Wannabe
A sample trip itinerary for people who’d love to make the Rhinelander Area their home
- Open the door to your cottage set on the shores of a small, tranquil lake. The Rhinelander area has the perfect cabin to fit your needs. You’ll find many options.
- Throw your gear inside, then head straight back outside to take a quick swim before getting ready for dinner.
- Hop in the car and head into Rhinelander to pick up your fishing license at The Bait Shoppe or Mel’s Trading Post. Be sure to stock up on your bait and pro gear too.
- Head to a highly recommended restaurant in town for their burger special. Find the perfect restaurant choice.
- After dinner, bowl a few games at Hodag Lanes before heading back to the cottage to relax on the porch and watch the night skies.
- Have breakfast at a hoppin’ café. Choose your favorite.
- After breakfast, launch your boat in one of the 232 brilliantly blue lakes in the Rhinelander area.
- To make sure you know local hot spots for walleye, smallmouth bass, bluegill, crappie and northern pike, hire a local guide or check out area fishing reports. Find complete fishing information.
- Enjoy a fresh-baked pasty for lunch at Joe’s Pasty Shop, made with all-natural and locally grown ingredients.
- Then enjoy a beautiful walk along the Holmboe Nature Trail located just a few blocks away.
- Muskie fishing in Rhinelander is top notch so spend a few hours casting bucktails in one of our great musky lakes.
- Enjoy a late dinner of prime rib at The Fireside or Holiday Acres while enjoying their view of the lake. Or choose from our other great options in the area.
- After dinner, catch a movie at the multiplex and then head back to the cottage to enjoy a campfire beside the lake.
- Head to Downtown Rhinelander to visit the distinct and unique shops lining Brown Street and the downtown area to take a piece of Rhinelander home with you.
- Grab pastries for the drive home at either Northern Coffee Haus or Coffee Beans Etc.
- Pack up your souvenirs and head for home with the memories of your great trip to Rhinelander.